August 2-5, 2018
The Downieville Classic has been rolling for over 20 years and is considered one of the Top 10 Mountain Bike Festivals in the US by Outside Magazine. Live
music, premium beer, food vendors and an all-weekend mainstreet industry expo top off the event.
- 946 registered racers (2017). The All Mountain (cross country and downhill combined) sells out in less than two hours of registration opening.
- Saturday is a gnarly 29-mile point-to-point cross country race up to the Sierra Crest and the descending into Downieville.
- Sunday is fast, technical 15-mile downhill with racers reaching over 40 mph.
- Racers podium on Saturday and Sunday for their respective races, culminating in Sunday’s All Mountain World Championships.
- Mainstreet shuts down all weekend for the industry expo, allowing sponsors to line the streets and exhibit their finest products to a captive, engaged audience of racers and spectators.
- There are numerous sponsorship opportunities around town and on the podium. Ron’s House of Big Air River Jump and Cozmo’s Wild Island are extremely well attended and photographed events.